Does your soggy lawn and landscape need rescued?
Heavy rain, standing water and poor drainage can create havoc for your lawn and landscape. Standing water is the perfect breeding ground for grass-killing diseases like Zoysia Patch, a type of fungus. Once fungus sets in, it can be difficult to get rid of.
However, there are several proactive things you can do:
- Address Drainage issues- clear blocked drains, install a drainage system
- Minimize low areas in landscape beds by filling and mulching
- Maximize sunlight through tree canopy to dry wet areas by keeping trees trimmed
- Aerate- heavy rain can compact soil and collapse natural air pockets that the plants roots need to grow. Good aeration also helps areas with heavy thatch so that water can readily absorb into the soil rather than standing on the surface.
- Fungicide treatments can also be effective in controlling lawn/landscape diseases.